What you'll do & learn 📖
In a context of growth, we are seeking a post-Phd Software & Operations Research Engineer to lead the modelisation of complex industrial and operational needs into features for the Pelico platform.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge in optimization and/or data science and/or Supply chain and a strong interest in data-rich environments.
- Enrich Pelico’s intelligent assistant with recommendations to supply chain teams
- Implement prescriptive algorithms and leverage them into product features in the Pelico platform that solve our customers and users problems
- Collaborate with product teams to translate complex supply chain problems into mathematical models and iterate based on user feedback
- Collaborate with our scientific advisor Axel Parmentier
- Help your coworkers review code, spread your technical expertise, improve our tool chain
- Play an integral role in contributing to our engineering culture and best practices within the team, such as code reviewing between peers, documentations, setup of code analysis tools, recruitment processes…
You will work closely with our product and front-end development teams.
What you embody 🎯
- PhD In Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, Operational Research or Constrained optimization
- You are mastering general data structures and at least one programming language (Java, Python, C++, Go, You-name-it…). We hire based on engineering fundamentals
- Your are mastering at least one relational data-based management system (MySQL, PostgreSQL…)
- Autonomous, results oriented and excels in stimulating environments
- Curiosity and creativity when working on abstract modelization challenges
- Long-term thinker to lay the foundations that will help the Pelico platform grow and scale
- Willingness to deep dive on supply chain challenges
- Bilingual English mandatory (verbal & written)
Pelico promotes inclusion and non-discrimination, and acts daily in favour of social mix, gender equality, senior citizens & disability
What we offer 💡
Join an exciting adventure with a lot of challenges at all levels!
- Work on a highly impactful product that users love!
- Office location at the heart of Paris (75002)
- Stock Options for every Pelican
- Remote flexibility & 6 weeks of Work from Anywhere
- Premium health coverage : Alan Blue
- 50% meal allowance: 10€/day worked (Swile card)
- 50% public transportation or equivalent in sustainable mobility package
- Team events every quarter
Our recruitment Process 📣
- HR Intro
- Screening call
- Onsite interviews & case study discussion (2 steps)
- Debrief with Engineering Manager
- Reference Check & offer letter
This is a full-time position, based in France in our Paris office. Opportunity to travel occasionally to our customers’ factories to collect direct feedback from end-users.